Browned Chicken Stew
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 8 large boneless skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large crock cooker on HIGH heat setting mix all ingredients together.
- Cover with lid and cook for 6 hours until chicken falls apart and is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice. Steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with ghee, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. Process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. NUTRITION: 52 Calories; 2g Fat (19.0% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 61mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!