Braised Beef Stew
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 pounds beef chuck roast cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 large carrots chopped
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup red wine or red wine vinegar
- 1 can whole tomatoes chopped, 15 ounce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- In a large bowl, add flour and beef and toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and sear beef 2 to 3 minutes until golden. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large crock cooker, add the remaining ingredients and the beef. Stir and cook on LOW for 8 hours until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of beef and vegetable broth instead of beef broth. GLUTEN FREE: Use almond meal instead of flour. NUTRITION: 431 Calories; 28g Fat (63.4% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 87mg Cholesterol; 124mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!