- 6 5-oz. flank steaks trimmed
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinade steaks overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe). Prepare brown rice in time for dinner.
- Place steaks in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients except for rice.
- Blend well then pour mixture over the steaks. Seal the bag and gently massage the marinade into the steaks.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At the time of cooking, preheat an outdoor grill to MEDIUM-HIGH. Remove steaks from marinade. Grill for 4 to 7 minutes per side or until they reach desired level of doneness.
- Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes then thinly slice across the grain (diagonally) and serve over hot rice.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried or grilled red onion, portabella mushrooms, bell peppers and carrots, all cut into strips. VEGETARIAN: Use the marinade as a stir-fry sauce for Serving Suggestion veggies above. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure mustard and vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per serving: 383 Calories; 12g Fat; 32g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 670mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 9
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!