Blackened Fish and Peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound firm fleshed white fish fresh or frozen, sliced
- Olive oil for coating pan
- 2 large bell peppers sliced
- Aluminum foil
- 1 large lemon cut in wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together first 5 ingredients (garlic powder through salt and pepper). Toss fish in spices to coat.
- In an oil coated 9x13 inch baking dish, add fish to bottom of dish. Top with peppers and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes and remove tin foil. Bake an additional 5 minutes, until peppers are browned.
- Serve fish and peppers with lemon wedges.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed Broccoli, Green Beans or Asparagus. Steam broccoli, green beans or asparagus until slightly tender. NUTRITION: 116 Calories; 1g Fat (7.8% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 63mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!