Beef Steaks with Mushroom Sauce
- olive oil
- 4 4-oz. beef chuck steaks trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Heat a large skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium-high heat and lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Cook for 3 minutes per side or until desired level of doneness is achieved. Remove from pan and keep warm. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Place sour cream in a medium bowl and gradually add mushroom mixture, whisking constantly.
- Stir in minced parsley. Serve mushroom gravy with steaks and enjoy!!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes-like texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve mashed russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN-FREE: Make sure beef broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 189 Calories; 5g Fat; 28g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 330mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 4
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!