Beef Medallions with Cremini Mushroom Sauce
- 4 beef medallions 5-ounce
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Aluminum foil
- 8 cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Season beef medallions on all sides with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add beef medallions; sear for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, 4 minutes per side for medium and 5 minutes per side for well done.
- Transfer medallions to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- In the same pan, add the mushrooms; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next, add shallot and garlic; blend them into the mushrooms and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar; cook until it has completely evaporated. Add broth; bring to a boil and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk in sour cream; cook for just 1 minute then immediately remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in chopped parsley. Serve medallions topped with hot mushroom sauce.
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli spears and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked russet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure vinegar and broth are gluten-free. NUTRITION: per serving: Calories: 120, Total Fat 7g, Cholesterol 6mg, Sodium 722mg, Total Carbohydrates 7g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!