Beef and Leek Vegetable Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 large leeks chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 small head cauliflower chopped
- 1 large stalk celery diced
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Heat the olive in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid over medium heat until hot. Add thyme, leeks, and garlic; cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef; cook, crumbling with a spoon, for 10 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients (carrots through cumin).
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: per serving: Calories: 343, Total Fat 23g, Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 2148mg, Total Carbohydrates 16g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 30g Points: 10
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!