Baked White fish in a Garlic Crumb Crust
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup parsley chopped
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish fresh or frozen
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. On a plate, combine first 5 ingredients (bread crumbs through Parmesan). In a small bowl, combine butter and oil.
- Rinse fillets gently and pat dry. Rub with butter/oil mixture then dredge both sides of each fillet in bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a baking dish or pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and steamed baby red potatoes tossed with butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Prepare the bread crumb mixture from this recipe and spread on beefsteak tomato halves. Broil and serve with the above Serving Suggestion. OR, use non-breaded faux chicken patties and follow recipe directions, cooking for half of the time. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bread crumbs are gluten free (or make your own using gluten free bread). NUTRITION: Per Serving: 219 Calories; 7g Fat; 24g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 57mg Cholesterol; 341mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!