Baked Turkey Chili
- 1 pound lean ground turkey browned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 large sweet potato cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for coating pan
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the first 11 ingredients (turkey through salt and pepper) together.
- Pour into an oil coated 9x13 inch baking dish and cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad. NUTRITION: 228 Calories; 9g Fat (33.8% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 112mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!