Baked Snapper with Fennel in Red Sauce
- 6 4-oz. snapper fillets
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds crushed, divided
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup chopped fennel
- 1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Season snapper fillets evenly with salt, pepper and half of the crushed fennel seed; place them in a lightly-oiled baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients (garlic through tomato sauce) along with remaining crushed fennel seed; pour sauce over the fish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby red potatoes and steamed asparagus. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of snapper. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and tomato sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 142 Calories; 2g Fat; 25g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 42mg Cholesterol; 602mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat. Points: 3
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!