- 2 pounds scallops
- sea salt to taste
- 8 slices black pepper bacon cut in half
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- Wooden toothpicks
- Season scallops lightly with salt then wrap each with a half strip of bacon
- and secure with a toothpick. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon-wrapped scallops and sear for 2 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through (turn the
- scallops on their edges if you need the bacon cooked a little more).
- Serve scallops on a bed of spinach and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Whole wheat couscous and a relish tray of carrot and celery sticks, grape tomatoes and whole black olives. VEGETARIAN: Vegetarian cabbage roll: Combine cooked brown rice, diced mushrooms, and diced bell pepper. Wrap this mixture in cabbage leaves, then brown the cabbage and simmer in tomato sauce until heated through. Serve over the spinach, as above. KOSHER: See Vegetarian option. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure bacon is gluten free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 191 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 59mg Cholesterol; 429mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!