Asian Style Grilled Chicken
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 6-oz. boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions optional
- olive oil
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate chicken overnight or for at least 1 hour (see recipe). In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 6 ingredients (garlic through cilantro); shake well to combine. Add chicken, seal bag and shake to coat; refrigerate overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM. Lightly oil the grill grate; grill chicken over indirect heat for 18 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, until juices run clear. Watch carefully to prevent burning! Top with green onions, if desired, and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and Crunchy Bok Choy Slaw (toss chopped baby bok choy, shredded carrot and chopped green onions in a mixture of rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, Dijon mustard and salt, to taste). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken and adjust cooking and marinating times accordingly. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and vinegar are gluten free.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!