Asian Style Beef Kabobs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 pounds beef roast trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion quartered
- 1 medium green bell pepper de-seeded, de-ribbed and cut into 1-inch squares
- olive oil
- 8 ounces whole white button mushrooms
- bamboo skewers or metal
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate kabobs for 30 minutes (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine first 9 ingredients (coconut milk through cilantro); set aside. Prepare kebabs: Alternately thread beef cubes, onion quarters and bell pepper squares onto the skewers.
- Carefully place kebabs in the bag; seal then marinate for 30 minutes. Lightly oil the grill grate. Add the whole mushrooms to the ends of the skewers. Grill kebabs over indirect heat for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once half-way through cooking time, until cooked through.
- Watch carefully to prevent burning! Enjoy!!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add Baby Bok Choy Slaw (toss thinly sliced baby bok choy, shredded carrot and sliced green onions with a dressing of rice vinegar, toasted sesame oil, sugar, Dijon mustard and salt to taste). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice. KOSHER: Make sure beef is certified kosher. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and soy sauce are gluten free. NUTRITION: per serving: 242 Calories; 11g Fat; 25g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 73mg Cholesterol; 865mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!