Apple Cooked Pork
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 large apples cored, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons half and half
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place pork tenderloin in a large slow cooker.
- Place remaining ingredients in a medium bowl, blend well, and then pour over the top of the pork.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mashed russet potatoes and steamed green beans. VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties and reduce cooking time accordingly. KOSHER: Use boneless skinless chicken thigh meat instead of pork tenderloin. Use olive oil instead of butter and chicken broth instead of half and half. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 272 Calories; 8g Fat; 32g Protein; 17g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 106mg Cholesterol; 393mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 NonFat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!