Warm Chicken Salad with Asian Plum Sauce
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 16-oz. cans purple plums in juice drained, rinsed and pitted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cloves garlic pressed
- 6 cups shredded Chinese cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion with top
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook chicken breast halves, turning once, for about 10 minutes or until done.
- In a blender, place next 6 ingredients (plums through crushed red pepper flakes) in a blender or food processor; cover and blend on high speed or process for about 30 seconds or until smooth; transfer to a saucepan and bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Arrange cabbage, bean sprouts and green onion on dinner plates; top with chicken and plum sauce.
NUTRITION: 222 Calories (kcal); 4g Total Fat; (15% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 2g Fiber; 18g Carbohydrate; 68mg Cholesterol; 126mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice and stir-fried snow peas. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu instead of chicken. Cooking time will be less.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!