- 6 turkey breast cutlets OR boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cups sliced onion
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine or use white grape juice with a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat until hot; add turkey cutlets and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil, mushrooms and onions to skillet; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low; add wine (or juice/vinegar) and salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Return cutlets to skillet, coat with sauce and sprinkle with parsley.
NUTRITION: 185 Calories (kcal); 8g Total Fat; (43% calories from fat); 19g Protein; 1g Fiber; 5g Carbohydrate; 45mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red skinned potatoes, steamed asparagus and steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Substitute veggie patties for the turkey. Follow directions, but cooking time will be less.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!