Salmon in White Wine Sauce
- 4 salmon fillets fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat outdoor grill OR oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine chives and basil.
- Tear off 4 large pieces of aluminum foil, at least 18 inches long each.
- Place a salmon fillet in the middle of each piece of foil; make a bowl or pocket by pulling up the edges around the fish on all four sides.
- Top each fillet with 1 tablespoon of butter, 1 tablespoon of chive/basil mixture and 2 tablespoons of wine (or broth). Salt and pepper each fillet to taste.
- Fold the foil up around the salmon and seal the edges very tightly so that nothing will leak out during the cooking process.
- Place the packets on the grill for 15 to 20 minutes OR in an oven-proof baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- To serve, place a foil packet on each dinner plate and allow each person to open a salmon packet so that none of the wine sauce leaks out.
- CAUTION: Be EXTREMELY careful of the steam that has built up inside the foil packet so no one gets burned. A parent should do this FOR a child.
NUTRITION: 309 Calories; 15g Fat; 36g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 210mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat. Points: 7. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and garlic-sautéed spinach. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed red skinned potatoes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!