Rich Rump Roast
- 1 2 pound boneless beef rump roast
- 1 large yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 10 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 1/2 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place roast in a crock cooker; arrange onion, carrots and mushrooms around the roast.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (broth through paprika); pour mixture over meat and vegetables in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Transfer meat to a cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with vegetables and slow cooker juices.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed baby Brussels sprouts and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with a little grass fed butter and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture. NUTRITION: 460 Calories; 27g Fat (53.7% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 98mg Cholesterol; 622mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!