Pork with Fennel and Onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided
- 2 medium fennel bulbs sliced
- 1 large onion sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl toss together 1 tablespoon of olive oil and next 8 ingredients (fennel through vinegar).
- Cut 5 slits into pork tenderloin and push a clove of garlic into each. Rub remaining tablespoon of oil and place in roasting pan then season with salt and pepper. Pour the fennel mixture into roasting pan on all sides.
- Place the tenderloin in the oven and roast for 45 to an hour or until tenderloin is cooked through. Serve with a scoop of fennel and onions.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste. DIRECTIONS- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!