Pork and Apple Kabobs
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 large orange juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large red onion cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 large green apples cored and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate pork cubes for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours (see recipe). If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill.
- Place pork cubes in a large zipper-topped plastic bag. In a small bowl, combine next 6 items (orange juice through black pepper); pour mixture over pork; seal bag and toss to coat well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
- At time of cooking, preheat grill o MEDIUM-HIGH. In a small bowl, toss onion, apple, melted coconut oil, honey and additional salt and pepper to taste. Alternately thread skewers with pork cubes, onion and apple; grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until pork is cooked through and onion and apple are slightly charred.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked sweet potatoes and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 482 Calories; 24g Fat (44.0% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 102mg Cholesterol; 88mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!