Pasta with Artichokes
- 2 cups Rigatoni pasta uncooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 14-oz. jar artichoke hearts drained
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in skillet over medium-high heat; cook garlic, stirring frequently, until golden.
- In a container with a tight-fitting lid, shake broth, sun-dried tomatoes, cornstarch, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes; gradually stir into skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Stir in artichokes. Toss with pasta and sprinkle with cheese.
NUTRITION: 176 Calories (kcal); 4g Total Fat; (17% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 4g Fiber; 30g Carbohydrate; 1mg Cholesterol; 270mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetable broth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!