- 1/4 cup arrowroot plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds flank steak thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 3 teaspoons ginger freshly grated
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 5 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup of arrowroot powder, the crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add steak slices and toss to coat well; set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add gingerroot and garlic; sauté for 1 minute or until fragrant and beginning to brown. In a small bowl or cup, combine remaining 1 teaspoon of arrowroot powder and the water; whisk mixture into the saucepan along with the coco-aminos and honey. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce has thickened; set aside and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 4 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add beef slices (in batches to ensure you’re not overcrowding the pan); cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until beef reaches desired level of doneness; transfer to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Reduce skillet/wok heat to medium-low and add reserved sauce, beef and chopped green onions; heat through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Add steamed broccoli spears on the side. NUTRITION: 574 Calories; 34g Fat (51.3% calories from fat); 45g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 116mg Cholesterol; 199mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!