Mexican Skillet Turkey
8 turkey breast cutlets 1 teaspoon cumin 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon chili powder Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste 1/3 cup salsa 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 8 turkey breast cutlets
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, garlic powder and chili powder; sprinkle mixture evenly on one side of the turkey cutlets, reserving enough for the other side; salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; place cutlets in skillet, spice side down; sprinkle with remaining spice mixture and salt and pepper to taste; cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and deglaze the pan. Add the salsa and 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro; heat till slightly bubbly. Serve sauce over turkey cutlets and garnish with a dab of sour cream and more chopped cilantro.
NUTRITION: 222 Calories; 7g Fat; 35g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 93mg Cholesterol; 474mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat. Points: 5. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor till it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and toss with a fork). Serve a big green salad on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!