Garlic Herb Roast Beef and Greens
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 - 2 pound eye of round roast beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 cups chopped collard greens
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium beef broth or use bone broth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Season roast with salt and pepper and quickly brown in skillet. Transfer to a roasting pan, with the collards in the bottom in a single layer, and rub down with garlic and rosemary.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes per pound or until cooked to your desired doneness.
- Once done, remove from oven and roasting pan, allow meat to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Scoop out the collards and set aside.
- Place roasting pan over a couple burners on stove top, turn heat to medium high on both burners. Add ghee and broth to the pan. Bring to a boil and whisk up all the good bits on the bottom. After sauce reduces by nearly half, serve over beef and collards.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste. DIRECTIONS- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!