Easy Poached Salmon with Dilled Cucumbers
- 6 salmon fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill OR 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/8 cup water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Dilled cucumbers recipe follows
- Dilled cucumbers
- 1 1/2 medium cucumbers peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill OR 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place fish in a skillet with a tight-fitting lid; sprinkle with dill weed and salt and pepper. Pour water and lemon juice into the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and gently simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare Dilled Cucumbers: Cut cucumbers lengthwise in half; seed and cut into thin slices. In a 1 1/2 quart saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil, add cucumber slices; cook and stir over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until cucumber is tender-crisp.
NUTRITION: 215 Calories (kcal); 6g Total Fat; (25% calories from fat); 34g Protein; 1g Fiber; 4g Carbohydrate; 88mg Cholesterol; 338mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Wild rice pilaf and steamed green beans tossed with a little olive oil and some slivered almonds. VEGETARIAN: Use tofu in place of fish and sauté instead of poach. Follow the recipe for the Dilled Cucumbers and serve on the side.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!