Easy Breezy Crock Lamb
- 4 lamb steaks or beef steaks
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; add lamb steaks, searing well on both sides; salt and pepper to taste and transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add the onions to the skillet and cook till slightly browned and beginning to turn translucent, about 2 minutes; add to slow cooker; sprinkle evenly with Herbs de Provence and salt and pepper to taste; carefully pour tomato sauce evenly over the top.
- Add the wine (or broth) to the skillet and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Using a wire whisk, scrape up all of the brown bits from the bottom of the pan; reduce heat and cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add this to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours.
NUTRITION: 274 Calories; 17g Fat; 23g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 401mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. Points: 7. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and a big green salad. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add hot buttered wide noodles.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!