Coconut Indian Spiced Roasted Chicken and Brussels
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine first 7 ingredients (cumin through salt and pepper). Then rub chicken down with the ghee, make sure to get it everywhere. Season evenly with the spice mixture and transfer to a roasting pan, surrounded by the Brussels sprouts.
- Place chicken in oven and cook for 60 minutes or until the thickest part of the thigh is cooked through. After the first 40 minutes of roasting, pour over the coconut milk and lightly tent pan with foil and continue cooking. Once done, remove from oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!