Chicken Burgers with Cilantro and Avocado Veggies
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups baby kale
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 medium avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the salt and pepper and garlic powder. Form meat mixture into patties and place on the grill. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil.
- In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients, except the avocado, with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. To the skillet, add the contents of the bowl and stir. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until mushrooms and kale are tender.
- Serve burgers on top of mushroom mixture and the avocado.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork).
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!