- 2/3 cup crushed cashew pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place cashew pieces in a food processor or blender and process into a "flour". On a pie plate or serving platter, combine cashew flour and paprika.
- Place beaten egg on another plate. Salt and pepper chicken.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over low heat. Dip chicken pieces first into the egg then dredge in the spiced cashew flour; place in skillet and raise heat to medium-high; cook chicken until done, about 5 to 7 minutes per side.
NUTRITION: 285 Calories; 18g Fat; 25g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 111mg Cholesterol; 137mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 3 Fat. Points: 7. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and Faux-Tay-Toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve baked sweet potatoes instead of Faux-Tay-Toes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!