- 1 pound flank steak
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/3 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate steak overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- In a large zipper-topped plastic bag, combine all ingredients except cooking spray; seal bag and smash the contents around to blend the flavors.
- Refrigerate overnight or for at least 8 hours (but no longer than 24 hours). Turn bag occasionally to keep flavors well blended.
- Preheat outdoor or indoor grill or oven broiler. Remove steak from bag, reserving marinade.
- Grill/broil steak for about 8 minutes per side or until it reaches desired level of doneness. Allow steak to rest on a cutting board for about 10 minutes to redistribute its juices.
- Meanwhile, run the reserved marinade through a sieve into a microwave-safe dish; heat at full power for a minute or two, or until it begins to boil.
- Thinly slice steak diagonally (across the grain); spoon heated marinade on top.
NUTRITION: 214 Calories; 12g Fat; 23g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 58mg Cholesterol; 380mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat. Points: 5. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Cauli-Rice (see directions, Day 1). Add grilled OR stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red onion. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with brown rice instead of Cauli-Rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!