- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak sliced into 1/4" strips (across the grain)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic pressed
- 10 ounces low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small green bell pepper seeded, de-ribbed and thinly sliced
- 1 small red bell pepper seeded, de-ribbed and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic—DON’T LET IT BROWN!
- Add steak strips to the skillet; brown on both sides, then add onions, salt and pepper and peppers. Now add the beef broth; bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch, water and soy sauce. Uncover skillet and turn up the heat; add cornstarch mixture and stir till sauce has nicely thickened.
NUTRITION: 273 Calories; 15g Fat; 24g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 978mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” until tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork). Serve stir-fried snow peas on the side. SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over brown rice instead of Cauli-rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!