Pasta with Roasted Vegetables and Feta
- 1 pound Linguine pasta
- 4 medium zucchini cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil plus extra for roasting veggies
- 3 medium onions chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 12-oz. jar roasted peppers drained and diced
- 18 Kalamata olives sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Lightly grease 2 large cookie sheets. Spread zucchini on the sheets and sprinkle with vegetable oil (don’t substitute with olive oil, as olive oil will burn at such a high temperature).
- Bake until tender-crisp.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and stir in the roasted peppers, olives, crushed red pepper flakes and cooked pasta; season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with Feta cheese and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big spinach salad and a bowl of raw baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 399 Calories; 8g Fat (17.0% calories from fat); 13g Protein; 71g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 6mg Cholesterol; 261mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!