Mexican Pot Roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions sliced
- 2 medium carrots sliced
- 2/3 of a 4.25-oz. can diced green chilis
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 2 to 3-pound boneless pork roast
- 2/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion and carrot in the oil until onion is softened; add chilies and garlic and continue to sauté for 2 to 3 minutes; transfer to a slow cooker.
- Combine salt, pepper, oregano, cumin and coriander; rub into the surface of the pork roast. Place roast in slow cooker; pour chicken broth and water AROUND (not over) roast.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 hours, or until pork is tender.
NUTRITION: 421 Calories; 25g Fat; 37g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 113mg Cholesterol; 204mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 2 Fat. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve with Cauli-rice (see Day 4 directions). SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve brown rice instead of Cauli-rice; add some mini corn on the cob.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!