Meat and Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef stew meat cubed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth or use homemade
- 3 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic pressed
- Place beef cubes in a large slow cooker; sprinkle with seasonings (salt through cinnamon); toss to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients then stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours (stirring every 2 hours) or until beef is fork-tender.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve braised kale on the side. NUTRITION: 432 Calories; 18g Fat (38.1% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 102mg Cholesterol; 248mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!