Low Carb Porta Pizzas
- 8 Portobello mushroom caps
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 medium tomatoes sliced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 cups shredded part skim milk Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a damp paper towel or cloth, wipe off mushroom caps. DON’T RINSE OR GET TOO WET!
- Using a spoon, scoop out all of the gills from the inside of each cap; brush olive oil on tops and bottoms and place on a baking sheet, top side facing down.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, sauté tomato, onion, salt and pepper, and garlic for about 4 minutes; spread mixture on top of mushroom caps and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes. WATCH CAREFULLY TO MAKE SURE ‘PIZZAS’ DON’T BURN!
NUTRITION: 359 Calories; 28g Fat; 18g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 306mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 4 1/2 Fat. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked eggplant and stir-fried garlicky spinach. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add garlic toast.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!