Garlic Lime Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage links casings removed
- 4 cloves garlic pressed
- 3 teaspoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or almond flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Marinate meatballs overnight or for at least 4 hours (see recipe).
- In a large bowl, place all ingredients except butter; using your very clean hands, blend thoroughly.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- At the time of cooking, form meat mixture into 1- to 2-inch meatballs. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add meatballs and brown for 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli rabe and Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper and curry powder to taste). NUTRITION: 625 Calories; 50g Fat (72.4% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 192mg Cholesterol; 1179mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!