Garlic Lemon Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried tarragon crushed paprika
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Prepare marinade and marinate chicken for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Prepare marinade: In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, olive oil, garlic and tarragon.
- Place chicken in a large zipper-topped plastic bag and pour marinade on top. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan rack, sprinkle with paprika and broil 4 to 5 inches from heat source for 5 to 6 minutes or until brown.
- Turn chicken and sprinkle with paprika; broil for 5 to 6 minutes or until done. OR, use your outdoor grill instead.
NUTRITION: 133 Calories; 11g Fat (70.3% calories from fat); 7g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 14mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus, steamed baby carrots, and brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Substitute non-breaded faux chicken patties for the chicken. No need to marinate as long—only a few minutes is necessary or they’ll fall apart.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!