Dijon Ginger Fish
- 6 pieces firm white fish fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 6 green onions minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dust fish lightly with flour. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; sauté fish until brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Pour broth into the skillet, bring to a boil and scrape up all of the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add gingerroot and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Stir in mustards and green onions; season with salt and pepper and spoon sauce over fish.
NUTRITION: 167 Calories; 7g Fat (37.2% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 50mg Cholesterol; 244mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed red skinned potatoes, steamed green beans steamed baby carrots. VEGETARIAN: Use extra-firm tofu in place of the fish. Use vegetable broth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!