Crock Cooker Cream of Broccoli Soup
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 8-oz. packages frozen broccoli
- 1 medium stlk celery chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low fat cheddar cheese
- Place all ingredients, except milk and cheese, in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW until for 4 to 6 hours or until vegetables are very tender.
- Pour mixture into a blender container or into the work bowl of food processor fitting with steel blade; cover and process until smooth.
- OR, if you prefer a few lumps and bumps, use a potato masher and skip the blender or food processor.
- Place broccoli mixture in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in milk and cheese until mixture is hot and cheese has melted.
NUTRITION: 157 Calories (kcal); 10g Total Fat; (59% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 31mg Cholesterol; 467mg Sodium. Food Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some whole grain rolls. VEGETARIAN: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!