Chai Spiced Roast Chicken
- 1 whole roasting chicken
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 bag dried chai tea removed from bag
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, breast side up. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter and lemon juice; baste chicken with this mixture then pour any remaining into the bottom of the roasting pan and/or inside the chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine tea and seasonings (salt through onion powder). Evenly sprinkle mixture over the surface of the chicken; roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: 668 Calories; 51g Fat (69.9% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 267mg Cholesterol; 654mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!