Beef, Bean and Salsa Burritos
- 3/4 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3/4 package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 3/4 cup shredded low fat Cheddar cheese
- 6 medium flour tortillas warmed
- 1 16-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed
- DO AHEAD TIP: Prepare pasta ahead of time.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings and blot with paper towels to remove excess grease (nutritional data won’t reflect this step).
- Season beef with chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper; stir in spinach, beans and salsa and heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- To serve, spoon approximately 1/2 cup of beef mixture down the center of each warmed tortilla; fold the bottom edge up over filling and fold sides to the center, overlapping edges.
NUTRITION: 575 Calories; 22g Fat (34.5% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 66g Carbohydrate; 10g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 713mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 3 1/2 Fat. SERVING SUGGESTION: A big green salad. VEGETARIAN: Skip the beef and add another can of black beans.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!