Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 8 slices bacon
- 16 scallops about 1 to 1 ½ pounds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple salsa Newman’s makes a good one
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Wrap scallops for tomorrow’s meal, if desired.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut bacon slices in half; wrap each half around one scallop; repeat process until all scallops have been wrapped.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Place oil in ovenproof skillet over medium heat; brown scallops for about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove skillet from stovetop and place in oven; bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with pineapple salsa.
NUTRITION: 168 Calories; 10g Fat; 11g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 24mg Cholesterol; 446mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat. LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and Turnip Fries (peel turnips and slice into “fries”; toss with some olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet, turning once, until golden; season with salt and pepper and garlic powder.) SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some whole grain rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!