White Chicken Chili
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 2 4-oz. cans diced green chilis
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken cubes, onion, and garlic; cook until chicken is golden (about 5 minutes); transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, except yogurt (beans through salt and pepper).
- Cover and cook on MEDIUM for 6 hours. Remove from slow cooker and stir in yogurt; serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad and some warm, buttered corn muffins. VEGETARIAN: Replace chicken with an additional 2 cans of beans. KOSHER: Skip the yogurt. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure canned beans, broth, and yogurt are gluten-free. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 521 Calories; 12g Fat; 60g Protein; 44g Carbohydrate; 13g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 353mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!