- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 Serrano pepper thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 green onions thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 medium cucumber halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 8 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH.
- Brush pork with olive oil and grill for 6 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 145 degrees.
- Remove pork from grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes then slice in half crosswise then slice each half, lengthwise, into thin strips. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lime juice and next 6 ingredients (fish sauce through Serrano pepper).
- Add pork strips and toss to coat. Add mint, red onion, green onions, and cucumber to bowl and toss.
- Evenly arrange lettuce on each dinner plate then top each serving with about 2/3 cup of pork mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
LC SERVING SUGGESTION: Sliced avocado drizzled with lemon juice. SERVING SUGGESTION: Add sesame breadsticks. KOSHER: Instead of pork, use a boneless skinless turkey breast. Skip the fish sauce. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fish sauce and soy sauce are gluten-free. NUTRITION per serving: 215 Calories; 6g Fat; 28g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 75mg Cholesterol; 301mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 5
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!