- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 large onions chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound zucchini cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 pound eggplant cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 thyme leaves chopped
- 5 ounces part-skim Mozzarella cheese shredded
- grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat half of the olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Brush the bottom and sides of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with olive oil. Spread onions and garlic on the bottom then alternately layer potatoes, zucchini, eggplant and tomatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with chopped thyme and remaining olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Mozzarella. Return to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Top with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve a big spinach salad on the side. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: per serving: 267 Calories; 9g Fat; 12g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 13mg Cholesterol; 147mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 3 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!