- 1 pound penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces pancetta chopped, or use bacon
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth or use homemade
- 15 ounces cannellini beans drained and rinsed or homemade
- 5 cups arugula or use chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water in a cup. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta (or bacon) and cook for 4 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add onion and garlic and cook and stir for 4 minutes. Add broth and beans and cook for 4 minutes. Add arugula, lemon juice and reserved cooking water along with cooked pasta.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until greens wilt. To serve, garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve sliced tomatoes and cucumber on the side. VEGETARIAN: Skip the pancetta and add an additional 15 ounces beans. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. KOSHER: Skip the pancetta and add more beans, if desired. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pancetta (or bacon), beans and broth are gluten free. Use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 476 Calories; 8g Fat; 24g Protein; 76g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 17mg Cholesterol; 738mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat. Points: 12
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!