Turkey and Sweet Potato Cakes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1 cup shredded sweet potato
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. To the skillet add the sweet potato and onion. Cook for 5 minutes, until sweet potato and onion are slightly tender.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining ingredients (chives to coconut flour) and the sweet potato and onion mixture. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Form meat and slaw mixture into patties.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining coconut oil over medium heat. Place patties in the skillet and cook for 10 minutes on each side, until meat is cooked and no longer pink in the center. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not Iceberg - no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad. NUTRITION: 321 Calories; 20g Fat (56.5% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!