Tomato Red Wine Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 14.5 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish with the melted butter; arrange chicken in prepared baking dish.
- In a food processor, blend together remaining ingredients (tomatoes through thyme) until smooth. Pour mixture over chicken, making sure each piece is covered; bake for 50 to 70 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Zucchini pasta (Cut zucchini lengthwise into thin strips; stir-fry in olive oil over medium heat till just slightly limp). Add a big salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette. NUTRITION: Per Serving: 275 Calories; 8g Fat; 30g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 84mg Cholesterol; 878mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat. Points: 6
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!