Tomato Glazed Halibut
- 4 6-oz. halibut fillets or use another firm-fleshed white fish
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee or use coconut oil
- 4 plum tomatoes chopped, Roma
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic peeled
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Melt the ghee (or coconut oil) in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fillets and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze: In a food processor, blend remaining ingredients (tomatoes through garlic) until smooth. Serve over fish and enjoy!
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus and sliced vine-ripened tomatoes and English cucumber. NUTRITION per serving: 296 Calories; 11g Fat; 36g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 629mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates. Points: 7
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!