Tofu and Chard Hot Pot
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth or use homemade
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound extra firm tofu drained and cubed
- 4 cups thinly sliced Swiss chard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces whole wheat Spaghetti pasta cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Cook pasta.
- Heat the peanut oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add garlic, gingerroot and jalapeno; cook for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in sugar, broth and soy sauce; bring mixture to a boil then add tofu, chard, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add cooked pasta and chopped cilantro. Ladle into bowls and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and snow peas. VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. KOSHER: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure broth and soy sauce are gluten free and use gluten free pasta. NUTRITION: Per Serving 284 Calories; 7g Fat (20.9% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 947mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!